- The library has copies of all required textbooks, can just borrow for free if won’t need book often. Can only borrow for SHORT periods but just renew as needed and go to library whenever need it
- If online book won’t be in on time just buy it from bookstore to get you by until cheap copy arrives then return (sounds like can return within first 2 weeks for full refund) KEEP RECEIPT
- Search sites like coursesmart.com and epubbud.com to find free/cheap electronic downloads and print off to make “book” A lot of the sites I metioned for buying and renting also include electronic books. (or even try googling for free copy"
- International editions: most people say they haven’t found them to be any different than USA editions and A LOT cheaper (sometimes the end of chapter questions are different, but if get assigned those problems just take picture of classmate’s)
- Older editions: typically safe going back 1 or 2 editions without massive differences. A lot cheaper but check with professor first
- Ask around to upperclassmen to try and find someone who took class before you and selling book you need
If I am missing anything or have other suggestions/have had a good/bad experience with one of these sites please comment so I don't have to repost on Facebook again!.
TO RECEIVE A REMINDER AT START OF EACH SEMESTER OF THESE DEALS AND NEW ONES SIGN UP HERE!